How to Add Customers
You have two options for getting your customers into RoasterTools:
- Bulk import via CSV
- Manually add customers one at a time via the app
We often see that roasters with less than 50 customers will consider adding one customer at a time. Over 50, they often use their accounting platform to export the data, transfer it to our CSV format and upload their list in bulk.
Whichever method you choose, the end result is the same: all of your wonderful customers will be accounted for in RT.
Adding customers one at a time
- Select the Sales menu
- Select + New Customer
- Complete the form
- Click Create Customer at the bottom of the screen
Adding customers via CSV importer
- Navigate to your name in the top right corner then Settings > Import & Export.
- From the Import & Export page, select Customers from the menu on the left.
- Select Download CSV. If you currently have no customer inputted, this will download a blank CSV for you to fill out.
- We recommend using Google Sheets to open this CSV for viewing and editing.
- Complete each of the required sections (marked by an *) with each customer on a separate line.
- Once complete, return to Settings > Import & Export > Customers. Upload your new CSV file to Upload Changes.
- You will receive a confirmation email detailing whether your upload was successful.
We recommend that you review your customers at the end of the creation process, just to make sure that you didn't make any crucial mistakes!