In this process, you will add a column to the Product CSV with external SKUs and upload that updated CSV back into RoasterTools.
Here are the steps:
- Download the product CSV from the Settings > Import & Export > Update Products
- Add your external SKUs to the column "SKU1" in the CSV that you downloaded
- Upload the CSV back into RoasterTools on the same page that you downloaded from
A couple tips on doing this successfully:
- We recommend using Google Sheets to edit your CSV file, as some users report issues with other applications. Just be sure that you download as CSV.
- After adding SKUs, remove any rows that do not require a SKU update. It speeds up the upload, and makes it clearer what you're updating.
- You can only have one external SKU per RT variant. If we are importing XYZ-BLEND, it can only be associated with one product/variant on RT.
- If you need to have multiple external SKUs, then you can add a new column called 'SKU2', and keep adding as necessary. We most often see this when selling through multiple channels, and needing to have different SKUs on each. If I were you, I'd keep the SKUs the same across the board, but some folks go down that path!
A quick video on editing in Google Sheets: